- Important Dates
- Latest News
- About Us
- Important Dates
- Latest News
- About Us
PWAS finds success through the families who dedicate their time to the betterment of our Club.
Please consider taking one of the following volunteer roles:
Under direction of the Board, assists completing specialized volunteer tasks conforming to the project parameters (Points to be determined)
With the Uniform Order Coordinator, work to create a team ordering system, aid with distribution and payment reconciliation (10 points)
Under direction of the TD, coordinate the selection, ordering and distribution of all team suits (15 points)
Under direction of the Board, seeks sponsors and donations from relevant organizations (10 points)
Assist to make travel arrangements for the team, including, but not limited to, carpooling, ferry reservations, hotel bookings, and more as needed (10 points)
This volunteer is responsible for coordinating with the coaches to find out the training equipment the team requires, source it, gather orders from streams, order the gear and distribute it (15 points).
Liaison between parents, coaches and Board. (15 – 30 points)
Under direction of the Board, coordinates Purdy’s and Return It fundraising programs (10 points)
Book and liaise with venue, Board and coaches, organizing event, in accordance with a budget (15 points)
Book and liaise with venue, Board and coaches, organizing event (10 points)
Responsible for well-bring of swimmers for duration of an away meet (NS Qualifiers or Championships – Full Points for FCP, Weekend Comps 15 FCP points)
Ensures BCAS volunteer needs met (15 points)
Under direction of the Board, coordinates and assists all Club volunteers (20 points)
Communicates and coordinators tracking volunteer hours and points (25
Attends Richmond User Group meetings and liaises with coaches and sports admin re: pool schedule or other aquatics related issues (10 points)
Assists to make travel arrangements for the team, including, but not limited to, booking airfare, hotel, car rental and meals at restaurants (15 points)
Promote, organize and facilitate the App for PWS members (5 points)
This parent is responsible for managing the team audio, visual and training equipment at the pools and training sites. (25 points – points may be shared or split with a co-manager)
– assists the Board, Administrator, Team parents, parents, or volunteers with any translation required, in writing or verbally; works with the Marketing / Promotions and Social Media manager to translate messages as needed. (30 points)
Plan, organize and manage the officials and judges hospitality suite at the Mable Moran (15 points)
To be approved by a Board Member ex) volunteer at Water Show, volunteer at Winter Water Show, sewing team suits (points to be determined)
Other volunteer roles and activities
– reporting to a Board Member this volunteer liaises with Club members about documenting and submitting their volunteer hours and pre-payment cheques; documents the volunteer hours submitted by each family and communicates the results to a Board Member. (Note: In the absence of a volunteer for this role, these tasks shall be carried out by a Board member or the Club Administrator)
Grant and Gaming Coordinator
– completes application forms for grants and funding; submits forms in a timely manner; researches new grants that might be available for the Club, coaches, teams or individual swimmers. (Note: In the absence of a volunteer for this role, these tasks shall be carried out by a Board member or the Club Administrator)
Translator and Communication Support
– assists the Board, Administrator, Team parents, parents, or volunteers with any translation required, in writing or verbally; works with the Marketing / Promotions and Social Media manager to translate messages as needed.
Equipment Manager and Maintenance
– communicates regularly with Board and Head Coach or Technical Director regarding all equipment-related activities; ensures that all equipment is stored appropriately at the various pools following all practices and special events; ensures that all equipment is available at the appropriate pools when needed; keeps track of and takes deposits for any equipment loaned out to swimmers. Maintains the sound, video and other related equipment of the Club; fixes/repairs equipment as needed; researches and, under direction of the Board, purchases new sound, video and other related equipment and parts as needed.
– is the liaison between the Board, the Team Coach, and other parents of the team
– is responsible for communicating information from the team’s coach(es) or the Board (when instructed to do so) to other parents on the team; attends and represents the team at various meetings throughout the year or arranges for another parent to represent the team on their behalf; coordinates collection of required travel information for athletes; collects travel cheques as required; together with Chaperones, prepares and manages team travel expense spreadsheets for submission to the accountant; coordinates other team activities as required, such as group gift baskets for fundraising; at mid-year and year end, organize coach’s gifts in consultation with other team families. In coordination with the Team Coach, the Team Parent should monitor events at BC Artistic Swimming https://www.bcartisticswimming.ca/events.htm and Canada Artistic Swimming https://artisticswimming.ca/events-results/event-calendar/ websites for up-to-the date competition information and communicate with Team coaches, to support as needed.
– Note: The Team must be the primary focus of the Team Parent and the duties will always be directed by the Team Coach. The Team Parent should feel comfortable undertaking any “organization” for the team BUT ONLY AFTER consultation, agreement, and confirmation from the Coach. In some instances, the Coach and/or Head Coach and/or Club Board must be in agreement before any arrangements or communications are made between the Team Parent and the other team parents or swimmers.
Marketing & IT Team
– coordinates with the Board, Head Coach / Technical Director and Administrator for the requirements and production of publicity materials including the following: advertisement, banner and brochure design and production; printing of materials for distribution; Content Designer (Canva) for materials to be posted on Social Media (FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok) and website. (Note: In the absence of a volunteer for this role, these tasks shall be carried out by a Board member or the Club Administrator)
– under direction of the Board and Club Administrator, maintains the content, develops and administers the Club’s public web site (WordPress – Eliminator); updates the content on club programs as required (registration links through TeamSnap); posts news updates about PWS on the site; is responsible for domain registration and renewal, email accounts management (Microsoft Outlook), data management and backups (Drop Box, Microsoft Outlook One Drive, TeamSnap), program updates and data handling for registration, and any other administrative IT-related tasks as needed. (Note: In the absence of a volunteer for this role, these tasks shall be carried out by a Board member or the Club Administrator)
– throughout the season takes candid informal photos of teams at competitions or events / practices for the web site; takes photos of coaches for the web site; takes formal team photos at year end. Works alongside the Marketing & IT Team to provide content.
– under the direction of the Board, the following fundraising programs each require a coordinator: FlipGive; Return-It Recycling; Purdy’s Christmas Chocolates; Hair Detanglers and any others that arise (in the past we offered a gaming Raffle). Responsibilities include liaising with external suppliers, preparing and circulating Club communication, collecting and submitting orders to suppliers, receiving group delivery and sorting/delivering individual orders to swimmers, and preparing an analysis of the fundraising results by swimmer and submitting it to the Treasurer. (Note: In the absence of a volunteer for this role, these tasks shall be carried out by a Board member or the Club Administrator).
– Solicits donations and sponsorships from relevant organizations using the Club’s Sponsorship Package.
– coordinates with the Head Coach / Technical Director and a Board Member on Club outfitting; contacts suppliers and arranges Club Uniform Measuring / Ordering events and management; places orders with suppliers and follows up for prompt delivery; coordinates printing (embroidery and silk screening) of specific items; creates or updates order forms and master lists for the tracking of all orders for each swimmer and coach; tracks costs for each item, updates swimmer orders and provides final costs to the finance team; delivers and obtains sign off on all uniform purchases for each swimmer and coach; coordinates with Treasurer and/or Club credit card holder for payment to suppliers; stores excess inventory throughout the year, including the off season; coordinates club gear swap as needed.
–Under the direction of the Board and Technical Director, coordinates the recruitment and appointment of Club volunteers for the successful operational functioning of PWS; publicizes, and updates available Club volunteer roles; uses Club knowledge and description of volunteer roles to find suitable members for roles; assists maintaining the records of volunteer appoint of members for year-end reconciliation purposes. Good communication skills are valued in this role.
Team Travel Coordinator
– Under the direction of the Board, coordinates with the Head Coach / Technical Director on team travel dates and bookings required for any event or competition away from home; investigates and books accommodation, air fare and car rentals; confirms insurance coverage for car rentals and any other insurance coverage as needed; prepares team travel expense spreadsheets to hand off to Team Parents for completion; coordinates with Team Parents on travel details and communication to families.
– when the Club hosts a meet (one per year), and in coordination with the Board and Head Coach/ Technical Director, ensures that the responsibilities of a host club are met in accordance with the BC Artistic Swimming hosting manual; ensures that hospitality requirements, such as room and food arrangements for judges, are met.
– updates pool bulletin boards with current club information and photos; builds and fills displays at pool locations where needed.
Winter Water Show Coordinator
– oversees all planning and attends the Water Show held each December, confirms date with the Head Coach / Technical Director for the pool and coordinates with coaches regarding the program; prepares and prints programs (or liaise with the Marketing Materials Coordinator to do so); organizes refreshments for swimmers and to sell to spectators; organizes fundraising gift baskets and raffle; organizes flowers for coaches; arranges for table at entrance to collect donations in lieu of entrance tickets; cleans up after show.
Winter Social Coordinator
– for the Winter Social held each December, confirms date with the Head Coach / Technical Director and coordinates with coaches
Year End Water Show Coordinator
– for the Water Show held at the end of the season, confirms date with the Head Coach / Technical Director for the pool; sells door prize tickets and accepts donations at entrance to the event; coordinates with coaches regarding the program; prepares and prints programs (or liaises with the Marketing Materials Coordinator to do so); organizes refreshments for swimmers and to sell to spectators; organizes fundraising gift baskets and raffle; organizes flowers for coaches; cleans up after show.
Year End Banquet Coordinator
– A Club banquet is held at the end of the season for swimmers, coaches and parents to celebrate the Club’s achievements for the past year. The coordinator books and liaises with the chosen venue regarding arrangements in accordance with the banquet budget; submits invoice(s) to Treasurer; plans the program together with the Head Coach and Board; arranges awards and prizes; orders and picks up cake.
– Chaperones are responsible for the well-being of all athletes on the team for the duration of competitions or events, that are out-of-town. Chaperones are selected by each Team Coach, Technical Director and consultation with the Board. Criminal Record checks for vulnerable youth must be provided in advance.
Team Chaperones, following Coach’s guidelines, are responsible for all meal planning, shopping and preparation, working within the budget provided by Treasurer, while respecting any food allergies of athletes or coaches. Swimmers may be asked to bring some items.
In communication with Travel Coordinators, ensure that all necessary supplies are available at the accommodations, including utensils if these items are not provided.
Team Chaperones must know where all swimmers are at all times.
Team Chaperones are responsible for the entire Team’s transportation, including coordination of car pools if necessary (Coach and swimmers only) to/from pools, airports, “free-time” locales, etc. Note: NO team member is allowed to travel/visit separately from the Team without the prior approval of the Coach and the Chaperones at anytime over the course of a Team Event (i.e. over the entire duration of any trip to/from an out-of-town destination)
Team Chaperones may be asked to assist prepping swimmer’s hair for competition. The more senior Teams prep their fellow teammates’ hair. Swimmers are expected to bring all their own hair supplies, including spare towels for gelatin cleanup.
Chaperones will be reimbursed for food, gas (during travel with team starting with a full tank of gas), accommodation and other reasonable miscellaneous expenses incurred in carrying out chaperoning duties. These expenses are to be reported on the team travel expense spreadsheet and will be allocated across all the team members.
All chaperones are required to complete a criminal record to assume this role.
Pacific Wave stands strong due to the giving and support of our member families
We wish to acknowledge the following outstanding volunteers:
Amy Li (LCOMP parent) – Hospitality Suite Manager
Anthea Cranston (HPD parent) – Mable Moran Fundraising Coordinator
Ann Stirrat (NS parent) – Club Mentor – Team Seamstress
Brianna Liu (Male Program parent)– Fundraising and Pool Display Coordinator
Candace Low (HPD parent) – FlipGive coordinator
Charmaine Chang (HPD parent) – Richmond Aquatics Representative – Rally Together Coordinator
Christina Jiang (HPD parent) – Grant Writer
Dave Hunter (HPD parent) – Return It Fundraising Coordinator
Deb Broadhurst (NS parent) – Chaperone – Club Mentor
Edward Fan (HPD and NS parent) – IT Committee – Website Volunteer
Glencora Kamara (PS 13 -15 parent) – Chaperone
Hazra Imran (PS parent) – IT Committee – Website Volunteer
Jane Wu (LCOMP parent) – Winter Water Show Coordinator
Jie Sun (NS parent) – Chaperone
Jin Wang (Male program) – FCP Administrator – Volunteer Hours Tracker
Jing Qin (NS parent) – Chaperone
John Zhang (LCOMP parent) – Photography Coordinator
Julian Coronado (HPD ) – IT Committee – Website Volunteer
JungHee Seo (NS parent) – Chaperone
Lucy Zhou (NS parent) – Club photographer
Mei Yin (HPD parent) – IT Committee – Social Media Volunteer – Club Photographer
Mert Sefayi (NS Parent) – Coach Liaison
Mikako Saito (HPD) – Year End Water Show Coordinator
Mick Ho (HPD parent) – IT Committee – Social Media Volunteer
Ping Shi (NS parent) – Uniform Coordinator – Team Seamstress
Raymond Ng (NS parent) – IT Committee – Marketing Volunteer
Ru Chen (HPD) – Translator
Scott Cranston (HPD) – Team Training Equipment Manager
Sherry Zhou (PS parent) – PS Team Parent – Chaperone
Silvia Tsao (LCOMP parent) – LCOMP Team Parent
Selina Zhang (HPD parent) – Year End Watershow Coordinator
Steven Valenzuela (HPD Parent) – HPD Team Parent
Steven Zhang (Male Program parent) – Equipment Manager
Theresa Guo (HPD) – Volunteer Coordinator – Year End Banquet Coordinator
Tina (LCOMP parent) – Hospitality Suite Manager
Yasmine Fouad (PS parent) – Chaperone – PS Team Parent
All family volunteer opportunities and expectations are clarified in our Family Commitment Plan.
All volunteer placements or opportunities must be approved by a member of the Board of Directors, in conjunction and consultation with our PWAS team.